Wednesday, August 3, 2011

FINISH IT!

After napping, I ran late to working out with Jake. I have made it my priority to always be at Jake's on Tuesday's for workout. We're supposed to do Tues and Thurs, but have yet to hit both days in one week.

Anyway, I ran late, he forgave me, and we started working out. He got some new workout gear that we're currently in love with. Our workouts are independent, but follow the same structure. I like it this way, because I am NOT as strong as he is yet, and so it doesn't slow him down any when I choose to take a break.

It is something like this:

He does ten push ups while I do ten curls and ten bench press. We switch and I do ten push ups and he does something like twenty curls and ten bench press. Then he turns to punching his punching bag and I go back to bench press.
And we rotate, I don't do the punching bag because I am intimidated by Jake. I know HOW to punch, but I'd be terribly embarrassed if he watched me or something.. I'll get over it. I'm going to have to.. (I'll get to the reason why in a bit.)

After going through a couple sets of each, we lay out a mat and start up P90X.. For those who haven't done that.. It's the quickest, hardest 15minute ab workout of your life. They say multiple times that this isn't for every day use, and breaks are definitely acceptable when going through this the first several times. We don't take breaks.

Again, Jake is in better shape than I am, but we struggle together and curse at the TV throughout the workout, its just crazy difficult to keep up. However, even within these couple of weeks working out with him, I do see progress in both of us and it feels good knowing its getting me somewhere.

The final workout (after 340 different crunches) is a 40+10 bonus of ab curls. It's extremely difficult to do, especially after the other ab work outs. Today, Jake turned to me, wipes sweat off his brow and goes, "We're doing this, all 50, no breaks, you ready?" I laugh and say, "Sounds good."
And it begins.. It's the loudest I've ever heard my abs scream. I did take a break, but I kept my feet up so my abs had to stay flexed, then continued after a small rest. I did the 40, Jake completed the extra 10 the host puts at the end.

It's fifty seconds into this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIpSoMgTsaw

I do recommend the ab workout P90X for those who need a sweat. Well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment