Thursday, August 11, 2011

Just another day in paradise.

So, in case one of you had decided to just read this blog instead of my other one *cough* justathought-shepsus.blogspot.com, I haven't been doing great on my diet. I ate fast food once with a friend which I feel is justified, but my fresh food has been spoiling since I bought it in bulk and don't eat from it every day. My fruit intake has been through the roof, but the few vegetables I had have gone bad. Good news, though, is my workout has been consistent, and about to get better.

I hit both Tuesday and Thursday this week for working out with Jake. Tuesday was the normal abs/arms/chest workout. Thursday, however, is a morning run. Now, I am not a runner. I don't like running. The only time I have enjoyed running is with Linux and Joey at the park. But today with Jake wasn't bad. I held him back, I know I did, but he didn't seem to mind, "Any running is better than none," He said. We ran about a mile, my arms and legs were sore by the end, my shoulder was irritated and really bothered me.

We also did a small early 90s ab workout that someone put on Youtube. Though we laughed throughout the trainers presentation, it still kicked our ass. I left extremely tired and somewhat dizzy, but very happy that I made it and am actually looking forward to it next week.

It gets better.

I took a shower and passed out for ~6 hours. Woke up, sore, but not terribly so, I let my pups out of my room and sent a few texts to a couple people. I got on the computer to check my daily checks (Gmail, Facebook, Gizmodo, Lifehacker, and comics.) and in my Gmail I had an e-mail from my buddy Aaron, it worried me a little at first cause he has my cell number and we text semi-frequently. This is what it read:


Alright, so my buddy in maine has been running, says he's lost 20 pounds already.  I've been doing the bike since monday, and I woke up and weighed myself this morning, and I was 243.6 on monday, and this morning I was at 240.2...which is very encouraging, but I can't let that butthole think he's winning.  So, come payday (15th or 16th), we're joining LA Fitness, and don't you dare let me back out of it.
 
Let's DO THIS!


I replied with "F*CK YES". I am gonna try to get a two-a-day workout with him too, some more power lifting since we'll have a partner. And on his Tue/Thur I'll encourage him to do his biking.

Furthermore, I took another quick shower after I woke up, in the side mirror of my bathroom I saw me without my gut for just a minute. The mirror's reflection only showed my side, but I could see my muscles underneath the fat that still resides there. It's sorta self-inspiring to know that they are there, just covered up.

Anyway, more to come later. Come on readers, in the words of Aaron..

Let's DO THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment